Call for more info: 01384 886 646
I have worked with tracy for over 10 years. She is an excellent and safe nurse with a wealth of knowledge and experience. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the skill of tracy. I am also a very grateful client and would never dream of going anywhere else! Thank you Tracy
Virtually all of the treatments we offer at Symétrie are suitable for men. So we decided to create a men’s page on our website this doesn’t mean if a treatment is not featured on this page, it’s not suitable for men, it’s just that we’ve included the most popular treatments that men tend to ask for.
But to treat men’s skin effectively you first need to understand that men’s skin tends to differ from women’s in several important ways.
Due to higher levels of testosterone, men’s skin is about 25% thicker than women’s skin. Men’s skin thins gradually over their lifetime whereas women’s skin only really starts to thin after the menopause. Men have a greater density of collagen in the skin, which is thought to be why they age less rapidly than women do. The muscle mass under the skin tends to be stronger in men than women. Men’s skin is rougher and the outermost layer of the skin is thicker. Due to higher levels of sebum production men’s skin tends to be oilier and more acne prone. Generally men’s skin tends to be naturally better hydrated than women’s, possibly because of the higher level of sweat production.
It’s important to receive aesthetic treatments from a practitioner who understands these differences and can adapt your treatment accordingly. At Symétrie we specialise in Aesthetic Treatments for men.
When it comes to aesthetic procedures, many men don’t realise that there are a variety of highly effective and minimally invasive treatments that require little to no downtime while improving and strengthening their masculine facial features, helping them to feel younger and more confident.
- Looking Tired – Anti Wrinkle injections can reduce lines on your forehead, between your eyes (frown lines) and the outside corners of your eyes (crow’s feet/laughter lines). These injectable treatments relax the facial muscles that contribute to wrinkles, they are also excellent at helping to reduce teeth grinding, which is more common in men than women. Due to the differences in muscle mass under the skin men tend to require a higher dose than women do however, we charge the same price to men and women.
- Acne – A chemical skin peel can really benefit men’s skin, particularly for those who are prone to acne. The procedure is designed to remove old, dead skin cells at the surface of the skin, promoting the growth of new skin cells. The result is smoother, healthier and younger looking skin.
- We offer a range of skin peel options tailored to your skin type and the results you are looking for, For example to treat fine lines, smooth shallow acne scars, improve rough skin and reduce enlarged pores.
- Anti- wrinkle injections are an effective treatment for hyperhidrosis, significantly reducing sweating in up to 95% of cases.
- Ageing skin – As we age, our skin becomes lax causing it to lose definition. Dermal fillers can help to restore the smooth and full appearance of the face for a younger look.
- Jawline – Fillers can also be used to strengthen a man’s masculine facial features by squaring off the jawline, building out the chin and even reducing jowls.
- Fillers – can be used for redefining the nose, especially a prominent bridge of the nose.
- Microneedling – stimulates your own body’s collagen production by creating small, invisible puncture wounds across the top layer of your skin. The result is cell turnover as well as increased collagen and elastin production, which reverses the signs of aging, acne damage and sun exposure.
- Profhilo – anti ageing injections for men – a unique treatment which is designed to improve the quality of the skin as well as tackling signs of ageing. Profhilo is an injectable made from non-cross linked hyaluronic acid, a moisturising sugar found naturally in the skin. Unlike traditional fillers, Profhilo is administered to five injection points, allowing it to flow smoothly through the dermis, for even distribution throughout the entire face. This gives it a wonderfully natural finish, and the product subtly smooths, volumises and tightens skin for up to six months. It’s great for improving loose and saggy skin around the cheeks, jowls and neck and boosting and hydrating tired and dry skin. It’s the perfect way to subtly rejuvenate the entire face – and it’s minimally invasive.
From reducing the appearance of tiredness around the eyes to strengthening your masculine facial features, men’s aesthetics are an easy way to look and feel your best.
If you’re not sure which treatment or combination of treatments would work best for you, book a FREE confidential consultation today call us on: 01384 886 646 or enter your details here.
Started having Botox over a year ago with Symetrie, they are the most wonderful, lovely people. Highly skilled and at the same time so patient and caring, very professional would recommend to anyone looking to dip their toe in the pool of aesthetics! X